For this Holidays season you can indulge yourself with this raw apple pie without the worry of adding on extra fat or having a fatter belly. This recipe could be very interesting if you are Fruit Fasting!
Yields 8 portions/approx. 300 calories per piece.
-1 cup of walnuts
-1 cup of Prunes
-1/2 cup of raisins
-1 cup of dates
-2 grated apples
-2 tbsp of honey
- juice of 1 lemon
-1/2 ts cinnamon
- slices of pineapple and Kiwi(optional)
- Soak the dates in lemon juice
- Mix the walnuts, raisins and prunes until they cake together. press them into a flat dish
- Form a layer with the dates after they get softened in lemon juice
- Mix the grated apples with, cinnamon, honey and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Decorate the top with fresh slices of pineapple and kiwi
Raw food maintains high level of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, etc. Enjoy your healthy desert!
You could also have it with some detoxifying juice.